- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup arugula, lightly torn
- 1/2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp. candied hazelnuts or pecans
- one or two fresh pears, slice and drizzled with lime juice
- 6 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese ( such as Farm House Castle Blue)
- 2 ounces BAM! Blackberry Vinegar
- 2 ounces hazelnut oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- hazelnuts or pecans to make candied nuts
Shake dressing ingredients until well blended.
Prepare candied nuts see instructions below.
Toss salad with dressing
ENJOY! This is a slightly sweet salad and might be a lunch main course.
Use hazelnuts or pecans. This recipe freezes beautifully so make enough for next time.
Use one cup nuts to each one half cup sugar and teaspoon freshly milled black pepper.
Gently heat nuts in a skillet, until hot, toss so they don’t burn.
Combine sugar and black pepper and shake half the mixture over hazelnuts.
Reduce heat slightly.
As sugar begins to melt toss nuts with a wooden spoon, add the rest of the sugar mixture and toss until all the nuts are covered with caramelized sugar.
Let cool. DO NOT TOUCH WHILE HOT!! Separate the nuts.